Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Pay Day Haul

Sorry this has taken sooo long to put up, but it's been a busy weekend. =) I got my new computer desk and had to rearrange a little to put it in my room, I've ordered a new computer monitor (one that is a flat screen), I've been busy with school and work...I just never seem to have ANY free time. But anyways, on to the good stuff!

So Thursday was pay day, and I got to go shopping! YEAH!! I probably went a little overboard, but I hadn't been to the mall in awhile, so I felt like I deserved it.

First stop...Ulta. There was actually 2 things I went in to buy, but unfortunately they only had one. The other was this new mascara from Loreal, it is suppose to be like the Givenchy (?) mascara with the ball at the end, and I so want to try it. If you all have seen it out in places, please tell me where!! So I just got a hair product:

It's Redken's Spray Starch 15. I saw where Elle (Allthatglitters21) had recently purchased it and she said it works really well at getting the curl to stay in your hair when you curl it with a straightener. I've recently learned how to do this, so I thought I'd give this stuff a try to see if it helps keep the curl.

Next was on to the mall and my first stop was MAC, of course! =) I had left my list in the car though, so I'll admit I went a ittle crazy and got things I probably wouldn't have if I had remembered my list.

My Stash from MAC

Hue Lipstick-Soft pale pink (glaze). I love more muted lip colors, and I had heard about this from either MakeupByTiffanyD or xsparkage, I can't remember, but I just thought it was so pretty. I've worn it twice already. I think it goes well with both a dramatic eye or a tame one. I put Sugarrimmed Dazzleglass over it to add some sparkle and more gloss-GORGEOUS!

Goldyrocks Dazzleglass-sheer soft yellow with pink and gold pearl. I'll admit, this was not on any of my lists, but I knew that a lot of gurus on YouTube have been talking about it, and I think it's limited edition, so I went ahead and got it. Plus, it's yellow which is my favorite color, haha. Don't worry, it doesn't show up yellow, it actually it just a pretty gold color, perfect to add some sparkle to any lipstick.

Style Warrior Lipglass-Blackened bronze brown with pearl (frost). Once again, this wasn't on my list, but when the MAs suggested I look at the Style Warrior Collection it drew me in. I liked the dark brown of it, and since it was a gloss I figured it wouldn't be too dark. I've worn this a couple of times to work, and I think it works well. It just gives a bit of color, and I think it will look even better if I ever get to tanning and have a good bronze to my skin.

Plus Luxe Plushglass-fluorescent pink with pink pearl (In the Good-Bye section on maccosmetics.com so get it now!!). This I got thanks to Amber, my hair stylist. Since it is retiring I knew I had to get it, so it was actually on my list, haha. Don't be frightened by the bright pink of it, it actually gives the lips just a subtle pink tint which is nice on those summery days when you have just a bronze or neutral eye.

Vibrant Grape eyeshadow-bright magenta purple (satin). I have been wanting this eyeshadow for months!!! It has been a MAC pro color, so I have not been able to get it until it came out with the Style Warrior Collection. When I found out it was being released with the regular MAC line, I circled the day on my calender and marked that I could FINALLY get it! I just love it. I love purples anyway, but this one is just to vibrant and pigmented. I love it!

Nehru eyeshadow-muted bluish black (matte). This color I got after watching one of Tiffany's videos. I know it looks kind of black or grey, but once you put it on your lid it does look more navy. I wore it today actually, and I think it makes my eyes look more blue, which is always nice.

Copperplate eyeshadow-muted mid-tone grey (matte2). This has to be one of the most different colors I own in my collection. Once again, I got it after Tiffany did a tutorial with it, and I have to say it is a really nice color! I did the look she did, which was Carrie Underwood inspired I believe, and it is just a nice neutral look. Very nice I think for these summer looks. I would definitely recommend this color if you tend to do a lot of neutral looks on your eyes.

So that was my MAC haul...probably the biggest one I've done since my birthday actually, haha. My next spot was Lush, yes, I've jumped on the bandwagon. About a month ago I realized that I have a Lush in my Macy's, and what was even sadder is that it is right across from MAC! Since so many of the gurus that I follow talk about this place, I knew I had to check it out. So, on this shopping trip I decided to get a few things to try. I have only tried one thing so far, so I'll definitely keep you posted on my opinion of the things I try out.

Let me warn you for people who haven't been before...after a few smells of things, they all kind of run into each other. Thankfully I had a nice person who helped me out some, she even gave me a sample a soap, because at the counter I really couldn't tell if I liked it with all the other smells. I'll definitely have to go back and get a few more things to try though. =)

In my descriptions of items I have included the price of each thing, as well as I have went to the website and copied the description they have on there of that item.

My Stash from Lush =)

Flosty Glitter Bubble Bar ($5.65)-Glittery vanilla and lavender prepare you for a night on the town. So as mentioned I really wanted to try several different things so I wanted to get a Bubble Bar-who doesn't like bubbles in their bath?!?! This one smelled the best, and the pink glitter drew me in I have to say, too. To use you crumble the bar into your bath as the water is filling your tub. The clerk actually told me you can break it into quarters, so I'll have enough for 4 baths! Can't wait to relax in the tub and try it out.

Rockstar Soap (sample shown, which I got for free)-sweet bubblegum soda pop soap strikes just the right cord. This is the product I couldn't decide on in the store after I smelled everything, so the clerk was nice enough to give me sample, and I have to say that I will be returning to purchase a whole bar very soon! I love this smell. I love how it lingers on my skin and how it even makes my bathroom smell good after I take a shower. It's such great stuff!! Would definitely recommend someone trying it. By the way, the sample lasted me about 4 or 5 showers.

Honey I Washed the Kids ($10.58-however, it comes in different sizes and is priced per the weight)-sweet honey heaven cleanses and moisturizes sensitive skin. So this was the product that drew me to Lush. Tiffany and Elle both RAVE about this soap and how good it is, so I knew I needed to get a bar to see if I like it, too. It does smell nice, but after using my Rockstar soap I don't know if it can beat it. Now that I've used up my sample, I will have to cut this one up and try it out. The gurus suggested cutting the soap into pieces so it will last longer and not just wash away from sitting in your shower from the steam. What's really cute about this one is the honey comb on top that can be used as a scrub while you shower. Can't wait to shower next! =)

Soft Coeur (the Honeymooner) Massage Bar ($8.20)-sexy sweet seduction for the skin with milk chocolate and honey. This was like the Bubble bar in that I just wanted to try one out. They were having a sale though that if you bought two, you got the tin for free, so I decided to get the two and try them out. this one is the heart-shaped one, and it just smells so sweet! To use, you hold in your hand for a minute to warm them and then rub on your skin. It's suppose to kind of be like a lotion and really moisturize your skin. I haven't used mine yet, so I'll get back to you on if it works.

Heavanilli Massage Bar ($9.95)-sensual vanilla heaven [the one with pink]. I really like the smell of vanilla so when I saw this one and smelled it, I knew this one I had to try as well.

So that's it for Lush. I'm already making a list of things to try from there when I go back. Some of the things may seem pricey, but if you can find something you really enjoy I think it's worth the money for the relaxing feeling.

So my next stop was Victoria's Secret. Here I bought a lipstick. I usually don't buy makeup from VS, but when I saw the 75% off sign it drew me in. I had to open a ton of boxes, but I found a beautiful shade:

VIP Perfect Lipstick-shimmery rose. As mentioned before, I go for the more pale, muted colors, and I just thought this was perfect! I wore this with Goldyrocks dazzleglass over it, and I thought it was just perfect! Not too nude, but not too overpowering with pink either. I was so happy I got it, and it was only like $3, too!

Finally, this isn't really beauty related, but I went to American Eagle. Here I bought a pretty tealish shirt with crocheted details around the neck and a yellow scarf. I wanted a nice summer scarf after seeing Michele's video on YouTube where she had one tied around her neck. If anyone can tell me how to tie one correctly, please let me know! I can't figure it out!

I know the details didn't show up too well, but the scarf is yellow. I thought that was perfect for summer.

Well, that's my haul for this trip! Hope you guys enjoyed. OH! And thanks to Vanya for telling my about the "flower" button on my camera...it makes the close up pics not blurry. You can actually tell the colors of the products now!

I'm off to bed now, I have an exam tomorrow in my summer class and my new monitor should be here sometime tomorrow as well. I'll try to do another entry soon, continue with my makeup collection maybe?

Later!

TARYN

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I got a blog shout-out! :D LOL Sweet shopping trip, by the way. I like those lipstick colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you got a shout out! Thanks to you the makeup I get actually looks closer to what it looks like in real life! =) I love more neutral lip colors...and that one was only $3!!! You can't get a good color for that cheap anywhere!

    ReplyDelete