Monday, April 20, 2009

A little review and some makeup tips...


So in this entry I wanted to share a couple reactions to the things I've been using so far as well as share some eye makeup looks that are quick, easy, but still look good.


First off, the reviews.

1. MAC's Zoom Lash Mascara-So, I've used this mascara now for a couple days and I have to say that I'm not too impressed. Maybe it's just that I'm spoiled with Makeup Forever's Smokey Lash, but I don't think it's any better that others I've tried. It does lengthen some (repeat SOME), but there's no real volume and after a few hours it does start to flake on my cheeks. I'll try to use it a few more times, maybe when I'm not working so see if it doesn't flake. I'll also try adding a couple more coats to see if that helps.


2. Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion-So, when I bought this I was sooo excited about it, because I've heard it was really good for dry skin. To me, it was okay. It's kind of runny so be warned, but it does do alright. I think my Dove moisturizer is better, but as with the mascara I'll use it a bit more to fully decide on whether I will ever re-purchase.


3. CHI 44 Iron Guard-I LOVE THIS STUFF!! So, I was really wanting a heat guard that smelled good as well as helped my hair look shiny and good, and this is it! I absolutely love the smell and my hair felt so silky after using this product! I will definitely keep using this product and keep buying it! =)


4. Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (MAC)-I really can't decide about this stuff. I think I can tell a difference after applying it, but I'm not completely sold on it yet. I will definitely have to use this when I'm not going to work and running around to see the staying power of it and if it does make my skin look better.


That's really all the products I'm got to use so far this weekend. I've been working A LOT this weekend and so I haven't tried the others, but I will try to start using them and get back on here to report my opinion. Now on to some simple looks...


These are a couple looks I've come up with when I'm in a hurry or if I'm going somewhere that I have to tone down the dramatic eyes. Sorry that I don't have pics to go with these looks, I'm not exactly a makeup guru here, haha. =)


OH! P.S.-All the eye shadows listed are by MAC

1. Naked Lunch (or Grand Entrance) all over the eye area and Sketch in the crease. You could even add Vanilla e/s as a highlight if you want or even Crystal Avalanche if you want more sparkle. I LOVE this look the most, because even though the colors aren't the dramatic, you still can have a slight smokey eye. Add some black eyeliner (I use blacktrack fluid line) and mascara and you're ready to go!


2. All That Glitters all over the eye with Antiqued in the crease. Here you could add Vanilla as a highlight or just blend with a little All That Glitters. This is a nice brown neutral look. I still put on my black eyeliner since I'm addicted to it, but i think this look would look good without any liner or a nice brown. This would also be a nice look to add a colored liner on the bottom lash line if you want as done by Allthatglitters21 and MakeupByTiffanyD. That is a cute way to make your eyes pop.


Well, I hope this was helpful...Later!

Taryn


No comments:

Post a Comment