Friday, April 17, 2009

My haul today, haha =)


Ok, so today I got paid, and like any other normal 20-something, I HAD to go shopping!! I got some things I've been wanting, but I also got some samples that I will have to share on if it was any good or not.


For starters, I recently discovered I have an Ulta near me. As in, I just found out last night. My sister did inform me though that it's been there for years, haha. Anyways, I had to try it today. For anyone that hasn't been to one, it does remind you of Sephora. However, they have drug store brands as well as some really expensive brands. Ulta, like Sephora, offers a reward card that depending on how much you spend within a season you get free stuff, which I LOVE free stuff, haha. Today I went though really just wanting to check it out, but I did get a couple things.

1. CHI 44 Iron Guard-I've been needing a good thermal protection spray since I do straighten my hair almost everyday. The ones I've tried though either don't really do anything or stink so bad! So, I broke down and paid the money for this one which smells great and I know CHI makes great products.

2. OPI nail polish in La Paz-itively Hot-I had another one of these, and mine was like empty so I just picked up a spare. I love this pink!! It's my fav throughout the summer to wear on my toes and nails--GORGEOUS!

3. Bourjois Liquid Eyeshadow in #31 Molecule d'or-This was my impulse buy I have to admit. I've seen MakeupGeek use this in her videos, and I've been thinking about getting it, so I just broke down and got. I'll try to give a good review of it coming up.


After my stop there I of course had to go by MAC. I didn't really buy too much there, since I am trying to save up when I go to my first CCO next month. YEAH! =) I just got two things:

1. Bronze eyeshadow-A beautiful shimmery brown that I saw MakeupByTiffanyD use in her Kim Kardashian look.

2. Prep and Prime Transparent Finishing Powder-This is a product Tiffany had reviewed in her videos as well, and I wanted to try it. When the MA used it on me, I could actually tell a difference in my skin, it just looked so much smoother!! The real test will me if I can make it look good, haha. Once again, I'll try to post a review up after I've used it a few times.


I will admit I was kind of upset at MAC's since I really wanted to buy Vellum e/s and the girl told me it was discounted, but it was still on the website so I might have to order it. I think there is still free shipping right now, so I might have to break down and buy it, too.


My next time was Sephora since I had a 15% off coupon!! I love good deals. I have to say that Sephora is probably one of my favorite places. They give you samples now with like each purchase, they have a great rewards program, and if you're an insider you get awesome coupons emailed to you! It's a great store =) So, I only actually bought 2 things, but then I got 2 samples.

1. Makeup Forever Smokey Lash-I've had this in samples before and I love this mascara!! It makes my lashes longer and thicker, it's so great! So, when I got my coupon I knew I was gonna buy me a full sized one. This is the best mascara I've ever tried!

2. Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion-I've always heard really good things about this lotion, so when I saw a large sample of it for $10 I had to pick it up. I have dry skin, so I've been trying to find something that will really work on my face and help my nose from looking peely (is that a word?!?!). I'll post up a review of this later, as well.

3. Benefit Bad Gal Lash-As my deluxe sample I picked this mascara. I think I've tried this one before and didn't really like it. However, it was free so I thought what the heck? haha...add this one to the review list, too.

4. Bliss Best of Skin moisturizer-This was a small sample the clerk just threw in my bag. Sephora has started doing this where they will give small samples to everyone of different stuff, and I think this is AWESOME!! Not sure if I'll actually use it, but like I said, I love free stuff! =)


My last little bit of stuff came from a MAC order I placed. They had a deal going that you could place an order, get free shipping AND get a sample of Zoom lash mascara, so I of course had to place a small order. I only got 2 e/s...aren't you proud?!?!

1. Chrome Yellow e/s-A gorgeous bright yellow matte color. I thought this would be pretty in the summer when I have some actual color to pair with like orange and pink e/s for a tropical look.

2. Creme de Violet-A very shimmery purple. I had seen this in a couple tutorials on YouTube so I decided to get it, too.

3. Zoom Lash mascara-My freebie! I've heard mixed reviews about this mascara, so I'm glad they were offering samples. I'll have to see how I like it.


Well, that was finally it!! I'll try to keep updated on my reviews of this stuff so hopefully if it's crap no one has to waste their money. Later people! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment