Thursday, April 30, 2009

Reviews and a tip...

So here are my final reviews of some products. This isn't everything I need to review, but it's most of them.

1. Bourjois Liquid Eyeshadow in Molecule d'or-This is a really good eye shadow! I saw MakeupGeek use this e/s in one of her looks, so I had to try it. This product is sold at Ulta for sure, and it is kind of pricey so be warned. However, I love the creaminess of it and I think the color is gorgeous. I am definitely going to check out some other colors.



2. MAC's Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder-I'm pretty sure I've talked about this one before, but I can't say enough...this product is wonderful! It just finished out your skin and makes it just look smoother and well, finished. I'm not sure if this product is permanent, but everyone should go check it out at their local MAC counter.


3. Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion-So I couldn't make up my mind on this until the other day when my chin was really dry. I put this lotion on my face, and honestly it did nothing. It's kind of a more runny lotion so be warned, and it might work for some people. However, I have really dry skin right now, so I'm going to have to still to my Dove Moisturizer.



4. Benefit Bad Gal Lash-Horrible!! I know I've talked about this one, and believe me, definitely PASS on this crappy mascara!


5. CHI 44 Iron Guard-This is such a good heat protectant! It smells sooo good and it just helps to smooth my hair right before I straighten it. I even curled my hair the other day with my straightener and use this stuff, and it looked to pretty and smooth.



6. Best Bath Store Products-As mentioned in several other blogs...I love this store. But, I will have to say that one of their products didn't really keep working for me and I had to go back to what I was using before.

a.) Acne Bar-This is wonderful! I even bought the full size of it. I use
this bar after I wash my face with another cleanser to get all my makeup off. It really helps to smooth my skin and make it feel even cleaner. I would definitely recommend this!
(Pictured in soap dish from Walmart that is like 97 cents)


b.) Acne Gel-This is the product that I will not be getting anymore. I
got a couple breakouts and used this product, and it didn't seem to have an effect, so, I went back to me Clean and Clear and the breakouts cleared up completely in 2 days!

c.) Facial Scrub-Love this stuff, too! I use this about once a week and
it really just makes my skin feel wonderful and smooth.


d.) Pore Refining Toner-This product is good, but I don't think I'm
going to purchase the full size in it. I don't know, it seemed to work really good for awhile and now I can't really tell the difference. Maybe if I go back to using my old toner I'll see how good this one is, but as of right now I'll use my samples and that's it.

e.) Intense Under Eye Treatment-I got this sample because I do have slight dark circles as well as under my eyes was really dry. I used this for a few nights and really liked how it felt under my eyes, however, it made my eyes really water so I think that there might be something in it that I'm allergic to. My recommendation on this product would be to try a sample and make sure you don't have the same reaction.

So I think that's all the reviews I have right now. I do have a couple more reviews on some products I got from the Best Bath store, but I want to use them more before I review. I really wanted to tell everyone now about Urban Decay's Primer Potion (UDPP)...

I've always really liked UDPP, but like everyone else I hate the packaging. I've used it for a couple months, and I've really been having trouble getting any out. Like most people I was getting ready to toss it. However, a few weeks ago I saw on YouTube how to get the most from you UDPP and I watched as someone cut the bottle in order to dip all the product out. I really thought this looked kind of difficult and not worth it. But, I really liked this product, and I had some time today, so I cut the bottle. Sure enough there was TONS left!! I just wanted to tell you guys that it's an easy process, just cut the bottle at the top and bottle, and you would not believe all that comes out. As I've said I've used mine for awhile, and I still had a lot left! (Pictured in one of the containers at Walmart-2/97cents)


For you people thinking you'll just buy Too Faced Shadow Insurance (TFSI) let me tell you that UDPP is so much better! I hate TFSI and wish I had never purchased it. It may work well on oily lids, but it did nothing for me.



Well, I think that's it for now. Can't wait to go to TN, hopefully I'll have an awesome haul when I get back! =)

LATER!
TARYN

No comments:

Post a Comment