Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Randomness about things I've discovered =)


Okay, so recently I've realized I have actually had a couple people read my blog. I've also decided that I have found out some tips and stuff that I should pass along...especially to those that are as into make-up as me =)


1. They sell these little empty containers at Walmart, 2 for like 97 cents! I use these for EVERYTHING! I put moisturizer in them, foundation, my UDPP after I de-bottled it, they are great! And the best thing is that they come in cute colors like yellow (my fav), pink, blue, etc. You can find them in the beauty side near the travel stuff.

2. This is one I'm sure EVERYONE knows about, but I just found it...specktra.net. This website is great! What I love is how they tell you about all the upcoming collections! They don't have swatches it seems, but they give a description. You can go under the collection tab or under forums. Forums is where they will tell collections like through the summer, it's a great thing for MAC lovers like me =).

3. For anyone who doesn't know about MAC pigment samples, it's a great way to get LE pigments or try ones before paying $20 for one!! I get mine from shopallbeauty.com and thebodyneeds2.com. Both are GREAT websites, but let me tell you about each one. All Beauty is great because they have different size pigments as well as other products like foundation, UDPP, TFSI, face products, etc. However, it may take up to a couple of weeks to get your order. The body needs is quicker shipping, but all they have is pigments and glitter. Also, the samples only come in one size, and with some you can only get one sample.

4. Ok, now for one post NOT so great...Spell Cosmetics. So, I've watched people on YouTube and they ALL talk up Spell, so I ordered some stuff. Two e/s and lip glosses, AND...they sucked. The eyeshadow were not very pigmented, and I really had to load a lot on my eyes. The lipglosses, I really liked one of the colors, but they dried out my lips, not very glossy in my opinion. So, I won't be ordering anymore from Spell. Too expensive for the crappy products I got!

5. On to a good website...coastalscents.com. This place rocks!!! I've ordered some of their brushes, AMAZING quality. I also got some of their gel liners which I love to use as colored bases. Needless to say I will order from them again, and in fact I have an order coming to me soon of more gel liners since they were on sale.


That's really all for now, I guess. I know I don't have too many people reading these, but I like writing anyway, it gives me a type of release, haha.


Later!
Taryn


No comments:

Post a Comment